So a super quick recipe today as I am getting a lot of stuff ready to be posted! I made these on a whim one night, and they turned out really good! So I had to share. They’re more of a brownie with protein than a protein brownie coming in with 2 grams of protein per bite. If you really want to up the protein, replace the Cocoa with another Tablespoon of protein powder.
They’re nothing like a true full guilt fudgy brownie, but they’re a little dense, not cakey, and still moist. Not too sweet, a nice balance. Reduce cooking time by a couple minutes (Toothpick comes out slightly dirty) for a fudgier brownie.
It is just as follows.
- 1 TBSP coconut oil or melted butter. (If no coconut oil you can use canola or vegetable.)
- 2 TBSP Brown sugar
- 2 TBSP Cane sugar (White sugar works too)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg (Or about a 1/4 cup egg whites. Egg whites increase protein content a little.)
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 TBSP cocoa powder (preferably dutched.)
- 1 TBSP chocolate protein powder (I used Orgain vegan protein, best tasting to me. Also available at Walmart.)
- Preheat your oven to 350°
2. Melt your coconut oil or butter and mix in the sugar very well. add in the vanilla and egg then mix again. Add in the rest of your ingredients and get a mini muffin pan.
3. This recipe makes about 6 mini brownie bites. Line your pan and scoop the batter until each one is pretty full, it won’t rise much.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I topped mine with bits of chocolate, but feel free to mix in or top which whatever you want!
*Tip, try to use vegan protein if possible, casein works too. But stay away from whey. it makes it really dry and spongy.
*Also if you don’t care about the protein just replace the protein powder with another scoop of cocoa powder.