Baked Zucchini Fries
Now I’m done with my rambling, onto the recipe!
So I LOVE zucchini fries, but the deep fried ones absolutely do not like me, so I made some that would. They obviously aren’t as good as the deep fried version, something about frying something makes it taste a thousand times better, but they are good when you are not wanting a tummy ache or are trying to follow a healthy diet.
Baked Zucchini fries
healthy baked zucchini fries that are delicious and easy to make.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 egg
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs (I used seasoned)
- 1 cup flour (Seasoned with a little salt and pepper)
- Cut your zucchini into fry like pieces. salt them and let sit on a towel for at least 20 minutes, up to one hour in the fridge. Preheat your oven to 350° when you pull out your zucchini.
2. Once they are dried, dredge them in flour (I just got a Ziploc, put the flour and some 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp paprika and shook it up) When you’re done place them in a strainer and shake to remove excess flour.
3. Next, get a bowl and put your egg in it, along with a teaspoon or so of water, also a pinch of salt and pepper, mix well. Also take a bowl and put your panko in it. If it is not seasoned, add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp thyme, and 1 tsp ground sage and mix well. Then take your flour coated zucchini and put them into the egg mixture, coating evenly, then placing into the bowl with panko and cover evenly.
4. Get a sheet pan and lay out the zucchini fries evenly, making sure they do not touch. if not using a stone like I did, make sure to use parchment paper. bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, and remove them when golden brown. Let cool and enjoy! (Really good with ranch or a garlic aoli.)