So I got a great quick and easy weeknight meal. I usually make the marinade, which is super simple by the way, and just leave it in the fridge throughout the day. It is ready to go and bake right when I am ready to cook, and dinner is ready in about half an hour.
It really is simple, chicken, you can use thighs, legs, breasts, quarters, it all works. Then just teriyaki and honey, that is the marinade. I like to season with pepper and then pop in my cast iron.
Now onto the recipe.
Honey Teriyaki Chicken
- 2-3 pounds of chicken.
- 1 C. Teriyaki marinade
- 1/4 C. Honey
- 1 tsp Black pepper’
- Preheat the oven to 425, if using a cast iron leave in oven to preheat.
- Put chicken into a ziploc bag and pour in teriyaki and honey, also add in the pepper.
- Mix in bag and let sit for at least 3 hours.
4. Oil pan or cast iron well and place in the pan.
5. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear (This also depends on thickness of chicken) (Internal temp should be 165 in thickest part if using thermometer. I’ll be honest, I usually just cut it and look.)
6. Cool and enjoy! Serve over rice or with veggies for a complete meal.