Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies
Now there is not much more I like than a super fudgy brownie, add in dark chocolate, and you got me hooked. I made these for valentines day, my little gift for this first year of being married. He says he’s not a sweets person, but he could eat a whole batch of these. So definitely husband approved.
Now there is team fudgy and cakey with brownies. My mom is team cakey, a misconception with fudgy brownies is that they are under cooked, false. it is a combination of using a little bit of oil and brown sugar, and also to not over mix the batter when you add in the dry ingredients.
The ingredients are very simple, you probably have all you need in your kitchen right now. Brown and white sugar, butter, vanilla, cocoa powder, flour, eggs, and a mild oil. That’s it.
Now onto the recipe.
Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownie
A fudgy delicious brownie that is super easy to make and is sure to cure that sweet tooth.
- 1/2 C. butter (Melted)
- 1 TBSP mild oil (I used coconut, but feel free to use vegetable or canola.)
- 1/2 C. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 C. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 AP flour
- 1/2 C. cocoa powder (Preferably dutched)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the sugars, butter, and oil together very well, for about a minute.
3. Add in vanilla and eggs, one egg at a time, whipping it until it is light in color and “fluffier.”
4. Sift the flour and cocoa powder in (also if you have any additional mix-ins put them in now) Mix until just combined, you should have a very thick batter.
5. Grease a pan, you can use really any, I used an 8×8, use a larger dish for thinner brownies. Also cast iron skillets are good to use.
6. Bake until the center is just barely jiggling, about 25 minutes, about 20 for thinner brownies.
7. Let cool for about an hour then cut and enjoy!