Vegan Banana Pancakes
So I wanted something on my blog everyone could easily make. This is something I didn’t have to go to the store for and had everything at my disposal. This recipe is written up to be a vegan recipe, and it is pretty healthy. I used “Flax Eggs” which it super simple to make and ground flax seeds are relatively cheap. If you don’t have flax seeds on hand though you can just use an egg, or simply leave it out, it’ll still taste great.
It’s quite funny actually, I eat relatively healthy, and I try to feed my husband healthy foods, he raved about these pancakes, and how surprised he was that they were vegan. Of course though I give him something healthy and he smothers it in syrup. But to each their own, I prefer mine with a little peanut butter and agave, everyone has a preference though. Real maple syrup would be excellent.
Also I made these with and without blueberries, you could mix in anything really, blueberries, raspberries, chocolate chips, coconut, even more chopped up bananas, let your imagination run wild.
Now onto the recipe.
Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 TBSP ground flax seed
- 2 TBSP water
- 1/2 C. nut milk of choice (Or regular for non-vegan)
- 1 C. oat flour (I used some from my mother in law, though you can also put rolled or steel cup oats in a blender and blend it into flour.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Before you start the recipe, you need to mix the ground flax seed and water in a small bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes until it gels a bit.
2. Now put everything into the blender (Including the flax) and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Mix in any mix-ins you want.
3. Heat your pan over medium heat and grease it well, drop your pancake batter in, however big you want them, and cook until little holes start forming, flip and cook until firm. (I literally poke it, it shouldn’t feel squishy but also not too firm, like a just ripe avocado.)
4. put on a plate to cool and top with toppings of your choosing.
Tip: These pancakes freeze very well, just stick them in the toaster to heat them up perfectly. Like an Ego waffle.